Friday, June 30, 2006

And in the end...its all for them

I guess what it really all comes down to is that we hope the two weeks we spent traveling the east coast this summer will be something our children remember for a very long time.
We hope that it opened their minds to the idea of how big and powerful the world really is.... to how diverse and fragile our lives sometimes are especially here in America... and how precious the time we spend together as a family really can be when we set aside the time to put away the hustle of the world around us and just focus on each other for a time.
Without computers, iPods, and PS2 games. Without all the phone calls and pager beeps. Short simple conversations about everything we could think of to a mere conversation about nothing at all. Holding hands and lingering closely together under a deep blue sky. Seeing a smile on the face of a child as she learns something for the very first time or remembers a silly tale from the past.


Those are the things I will remember the most about our trip to New York this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I've always wanted to go to New York. Looks like it was an absolute blast. Now that you're an expert you'll have to accompany me when I get the opportunity to go.