Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas is for giving...

This year we spent Christmas day at a homeless shelter in downtown Mobile. We shared a religious service with them and distributed toys and clothes to those standing in line. The kids donated three bags of their own toys that day and I watched as the saw first hand how different some people spend their Christmas. The hardest part of the day for me was when I was helping the men find clothes that they could take with them in preparation for a chilly evening ahead and one of them said, "I just need a pair of socks, ma'am." My heart sank as I knew that there were no socks in the clothes that we had sorted for them. I replied, "I'm sorry sir. We have no socks today." Needless to say Arnold's closet got a thorough cleaning when we got home that night and all the extra socks I could find in there were sent to a new home. A more deserving home. A home where socks on a chilly night make all the difference in the world. We are so thankful for all that we have and for the friends and family that we are able to share it with! We love you. Have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: