It was hard to resist having a house full of people when we talked about what we would want to do to bring in the new year! Jessica was the first one upstairs with her hat and blower ready to watch the New York ball drop at the stroke of midnight. Unfortunately our silly southern tv station switched over with just about 20 seconds left and we had the unfortunate pleasure of watching our very own 9 ft Moon Pie hung from a crane light up the New year here in Mobile. I was sooooo dissapointed! I should've TIVO'd the New York ball drop at midnight eastern time!
Luckily no one cared and the party continued on! We had loads of fireworks to set off and 200 glowsticks to help start a new fun tradition....Glowstick Wars in the darkness of our backyard! Leave it to a bunch of 19-21 year old men to come up with that one!!! I guess it beats the Roman Candle wars that they started a few years ago. Apparantly there is a rule about the 'handling' of fireworks while living here as a missionary in the South.
The kids table...
The group photo before everyone trickled home...
And it remains to be seen (or heard) if Lisa got her first New Year's Eve kiss at midnight ...hmmmm anyone have any opinions on whether or not I should inquire?Happy New Year!!!
3 comments:
I think the kiss thing shall remain a secret but they are absolutely adoreable together!!!
Wait a minute! Did you see something??? Anything??? Spill Susan! I want details!!!
I'll never tell...
Post a Comment