
Today we found out it was Elder Hall's first birthday on his mission! He was turning 20 years old and on his way over for dinner with his companion and two other elders! I had just gotten home with the kids and we had about 30 minutes to get ourselves together and I knew that left me with not much time to come up with some sort of birthday treat as a surprise for Elder Hall. He didn't know we knew it was his birthday! In fact when the elders asked what we were going to serve for dinner the kids replied, "SPINACH!". (Its the answer I always give them when they ask me that question!)

No sooner after we pulled up to our garage and I was rushing to get things done before the elders arrived Arnold came in with a beautiful two layered decorated cake from our neighbors! All he said was, "Did someone order a cake?" I thought he was kidding until I turned around and saw the beautiful cake! I was in shock!

We couldn't believe the timing of our neighbor's gift! Their teenager daughter is practicing how to decorate cakes and she told her mom that afternoon that she wanted to make and decorate a cake for our family. She even put a scripture on it about SERVICE. How appropriate was that for our birthday Elder?

Before blowing out his candles, Elder Hall said he woke up this morning thinking that this would be the first time in 20 years that he would celebrate a birthday WITHOUT blowing any candles! You could tell he was really happy about his custom decorated cake from Miriam our neighbor's daughter!

The kids made Elder hall a fun Candy Bar Birthday card. It didn't really make any sense but Elder Hall was excited about all the chocolate he received from it!

So after all that was done we settled in to another wonderful dinner with the elders!
3 comments:
what a blessing how awesome and how special of a day too cool yall are the greatest!
You are always so good to the missionaries. I used to pray for my boys to find families like you when they were on their missions. Thanks for being such a great example.
Wow...your neighbor was INSPIRED!!! Im jealous...I need to have missionaires over more;-)
Post a Comment