Sunday, September 13, 2009

BYU vs. Tulane at the Louisiana Superdome...

Seats on the 50 yard line right behind the BYU bench were the BEST seats in the house! We couldn't have asked for a better view! One thing we did notice was the cushioned seats. We weren't expecting those! I was thinking for sure I'd need a pillow for my back, but these seats were actually quite comfortable! I guess I was impressed. I was expecting metal hard back seats like all the other stadiums I had ever been in!

Arnold and I posing for a pic down by the field. Its not often Arnold gets to do these kinds of fun things with us, but we lucked out on this day! Although overtime was offered to him... he turned it down. Glad he didn't miss out on all the fun! It was a fantastic day of surprises for Lisa!

Tom Holmoe is the Athletic director for BYU and after the game he waved us down to the field for a visit! It was so good to meet him and hear how his son was adjusting to life back at home! Erik Holmoe served several months in our Ward as a missionary for the Florida Tallahassee Mission before returning home a few months ago! What a fun thing for us to meet his dad and be able to visit with him while we was in town! After finding out what an avid fan Lisa was he put an All Access pass around her neck and took her on a personal tour introducing her to the players and showing her around! What I wouldn't have given for the chance to go with her!

Lisa got to talk to Erik Holmoe on the phone while we were visiting with his dad at the game! You can totally see the excitement in her eyes! She was in BYU blue heaven! If she wasn't completely convinced that she was going to be a future cougar at BYU in a couple of years... this experience probably cemented that decision for GOOD! (Yay! We couldn't be more pleased!)

Proof positive that BYU won the game! And what a high scoring game it was! I attribute it to the fact that I told Arnold that there was this old college tradition of kissing the person sitting next to you after your team scores any points! I sure got a lot of kisses during the game and for Arnold that was HUGE! He not big of public displays of affection so I was in HEAVEN!!!!

No comments: