Saturday, March 18, 2006

Our kid's new best friend....

It had been quite a few years since I had been to Orlando, Florida. It must've been in the 80's when our high school marching band was invited down to play for the half time show of the Citrus Bowl. During the week that we were there as a group we spent several days at the parks. We marched in parades, played for the crowds and showed off our Hula dancers. It was a fun place to be as a teenager! After several years of trying to get Arnold to take us to Disneyland when we lived in Utah, he finally conceded after we moved here to Alabama and drove us the nine hours to Orlando for the week that the kids were out of school for Mardi Gras break. We spent several days at each of the four main theme parks. Kenny loved Animal Kingdom. Lisa loved the rides at MGM Studios. Arnold and I enjoyed the Epcot scene. And Jessica was mesmerized by the Magic Kingdom! Luckily there was something at each park for everyone! The kids seemed to enjoy any ride that had a remote possibility of making me scream like a baby. I would have to say that I did pretty good and went on every ride they wanted me to...EXCEPT for Mission: SPACE at Epcot where I thought my claustrophobia would get the best of me and ruin the rest of our day there. Tower of Terror at the MGM Studios was my next least favorite as it had the sensation of being in an elevator that was dropping to its death and then heading back up at a high rate of speed before crashing back down again. I'm getting dizzy from just thinking about it! Needless to say we have memories that will last us a lifetime!

No comments: