Today was my day to host our subdivision's Bunco group for our monthly round of games! Just about four years ago one of the members of the group knocked on my door and welcomed me into the neighborhood and asked if I would be interested in playing! I had never even heard of the game before, but was willing to give it a try! Several years later, I've won a few rounds and I've lost of few rounds, but mostly I've made some amazing friends along the way! Our group has survived hurricanes together, celebrated newborn grandbabies together, endured empty nester syndrome together and even cried together when we lost a member to cancer last year. The game is quite simple. It only takes one roll of the dice to see if you're a winner. But what I've learned from this game hasn't come from the game itself...its come from being around wonderful, hard working, intelligent women who all know from experience what it means to be a "good friend". Thank heaven for Bunco! And thank heaven for good friends...
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Three tables, three dice, three rounds of games and lots of laughter...
Today was my day to host our subdivision's Bunco group for our monthly round of games! Just about four years ago one of the members of the group knocked on my door and welcomed me into the neighborhood and asked if I would be interested in playing! I had never even heard of the game before, but was willing to give it a try! Several years later, I've won a few rounds and I've lost of few rounds, but mostly I've made some amazing friends along the way! Our group has survived hurricanes together, celebrated newborn grandbabies together, endured empty nester syndrome together and even cried together when we lost a member to cancer last year. The game is quite simple. It only takes one roll of the dice to see if you're a winner. But what I've learned from this game hasn't come from the game itself...its come from being around wonderful, hard working, intelligent women who all know from experience what it means to be a "good friend". Thank heaven for Bunco! And thank heaven for good friends...
1 comment:
Oh that looks like do much fun! I really need to start a group in my neighborhood (in my spare time=) Only problem is, I have no idea how to play...Love the picture! What FUN!
Post a Comment