
Being awakened in the wee early hours of the morning to your son saying something like "Mom... the snake got out and I can't find it..." is not the typical way anyone would want to start the day. But for me this past week... that's exactly what happened. Scouring the room realizing the snake could be anywhere made me realize... where does a snake go when you've left the top off of his cage and he's ventured out for a little excitement? Rushing the kids off to the bus just in time to catch it before it drove away I returned to my big empty house. Just me and the snake. Great... just how I wanted to spend my day! Searching the internet was the first thing I did. Finding out that snakes will gravitate towards "warm" spots to curl up and sleep for up to 6 mos. before venturing out again. Six months???? Seriously??!!! Then the bookcase idea popped up on my screen. "Don't underestimate the climbing abilities of your snake" it read. Great... Now I'm going to have to worry about snakes dropping from the sky? So I grabbed a flashlight and walked carefully back into Kenny's room for a look in his bookcase. Thoughts of white fanged snakes lunging out at me kept me on edge until something told me to look down. A prompting was it? Surely it was just my imagination. Look down again came to my mind and when I did I couldn't believe my eyes! There it was slithering out of the closet making its way over to the bookcase. Two seconds earlier I would've missed him. Two seconds later and he would've been in the wall behind Kenny's electronics where we certainly wouldn't have found him for months! Acting quickly I threw a tshirt over his body and grabbed the back part of his tail. Lifted him up and placed him gently back into his cage. All without screaming my head off but holding my breath nonetheless as I grappled with the courage to do what any mom would've have done in this situation right? Locking the top of the cage back in place and checking it at least a dozen times, I sat quietly on the edge of Kenny's overturned bed and said a quiet humble prayer thanking Heavenly Father for the guidance I desperately needed. However insignificant it may have seemed to the rest of the world no one could've been more grateful for an answer to prayer...
1 comment:
You're amazing MOM! I hate snakes with a "purple passion"! I'd be screaming on my way to the car, to spend the day anywhere but home! I'm totally impressed Lisa!
Post a Comment