We recently had the missionaries over for a very fun Family Home Evening activity and dinner. Kenny was in charge of the lesson and he talked about building strong foundations. He had all of us put together towers made out of marshmallows and toothpicks then placed them in a pan of sand to see if they could withstand the tossing and turning similar to an earthquake! What a blast it was to see what everyone came up with!


3 comments:
Hi Lisa, I don't know if you remember me. I was in the Semmes ward, 2007-2009. My son Tyler was in YM and went to a lot of the youth activities/dances. I came across your blog through one of the gals on Kerry McCullough's blog. Anways, I took a look at your blog and noticed a picture of Elder Andrus in this post. Would you tell him that the Lathrop family says "HELLO"!! I would appreciate it very much. We think of him often and hope all is well with him.
Thanks,
Stephanie Lathrop
Hello Stephanie! Thanks so much for your post! Our daughter Lisa knows Tyler from YM YW! She was so sad when you moved from the stake! Where are you now? I will definitely tell Elder Andrus hello for you! We were worried we'd lose him last transfer but he got to stay another six weeks! They are doing really well in our ward and finding lots of success here! I know he'll be happy to hear form you! Hope you are all well!
My husband is in the Coast Guard - he had made it to the rank of Chief & we were told we'd be moving - there wasn't a position in Mobile for him. So, we left July 1st - the CG Air Station is in Traverse City, Michigan, we live about 25 minutes south of Traverse City in a town called Kingsley. We have lived here before (2000-2004). It feels nice to be back but hard to leave the friends we all made in AL.
Thanks for responding and thanks for telling Elder Andrus we said "hello".
:) Stephanie
Post a Comment