Saturday, November 01, 2008

Ward Trunk or Treat activity...

Well, I guess it wasn't quite a trunk or treat since we decorated doors instead of trunks but it was a fun activity for the Primary children in our ward and it gave the Youth a chance to have a fun group activity for our mutual night! Each auxillary was asked to decorate a door and we came up with an idea that had a little fun twist to it! Our door theme was the "6 Boo's" taken from the ever popular "6 Be's" from a talk Pres. Hinckley gave to the youth of the church several years ago.

We had 15 entries for our chili cookoff and the youth helped serve the food while the rest of the ward cast in their votes! I'm not sure which entry one, but I got to sample at least three of them and they all tasted pretty good! Maybe next year I'll have a chance to enter my famous Hawaiian chili recipe. Do you think I should tell people the recipe calls for Spam or just wait to see if they can figure that out for themselves?

No comments: