Friday, July 17, 2009

Spending the day on the USCGC Cobia...

Here we are out on the front of the boat the Cobia during our trip from the Coast Guard port at Mobile Bay to Dauphin Island.

Arnold making sure everyone had their lifevest on. The crew thought it was kind of odd when I maintained that I would be just fine leaving mine on even when I was inside the boat. I'm sure they thought that was pretty silly!

Arnold and I on the boat at the Mobile Bay Coast Guard dock.

Us in front of the Cobia before we boarded for the trip to Dauphin Island. The pier we are standing on is the only thing that survived Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Everything else had to be rebuilt.

Lt. John Keola Velasco commander of the Cobia has become a part of our family. We will be sad to see him, his beautiful wife Beverly and their two amazing sons Logan and Noa when they leave for California next week! We love you guys!

No comments: