Friday, July 17, 2009

Dauphin Island Changing of Command Ceremony...

Today we spent the day at Dauphin Island for a very special ceremony for Keola Velasco. He is the commander of the US Coast Guard Ship the Cobia and today he handed over the ship to the new commander during a ceremony which marked all of his many accomplishments as well as the deep love and respect his crew has for him.

Arnold had to work and Lisa was off at Youth Conference but Kenny, Jessica and I got to be there for the exciting events!

Here we are taking the Ferry across the gulf from Dauphin Island to Ft. Morgan.

Arnold and I standing in the "bridge" of the Cobia.

Arnold and I getting ready for a thrill ride in the Cobia's rescue boat. (Notice the death grip I have on the handle bar in front of me?)

1 comment:

Janet said...

What adventures you are having. I love looking at your blog!