Saturday, February 18, 2006

It goes without saying...

Dear Doris,

I know that it has only been a day since Natalia was laid to rest, but I wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and wondering if you are doing okay. It has been a rough week for you I am sure, and I am afraid that as with others that have suffered a loss such as yours, the worse may be yet to come. It goes without saying that you may call on me for whatever you may need any time day or night. It goes without saying that if there is anything I could do for you please do not hestiate to ask. And it goes without saying that I, like many others, are here for you for as long as you may possibly need us. And although it goes without saying that we obviously love and care for you.....I will say it once again....we love you Doris and are thinking of you today.

Lisa and family

PS I'm not sure if you are aware of what people thought of the services for Natalia, but I received a handful of phone calls yesterday and today from people who wanted me to know how the viewing and services went. I was told by each of them what a wonderful series of events it was. What an extremely powerful moment it was for them to see such strength and composure in your amazing family. Your courage and durability in such a tragic moment was humbling to those who spoke of it to me. For you and your family to open up to others at such a tender time and give them comfort when they should be the ones comforting you taught a valuable lesson to all those that witnessed it. From the viewing to the gravesite service, you showed amazing grace and courage that brought peace to those who sought for it at your side. Sometimes we never hear of the influence we are to other people. I just wanted you to know that even in your own time of great need, you and your very special family blessed the lives of others just like you have always done in the past and just like you will continue to do in the future. Natalia's memory will continue on through you and the dedicated service of your family. Your spirit of love and courage touched many people over the past few days and I know that's exactly the way Natalia would've wanted it to be. I hope you know my dear friend, Doris, that you are simply amazing.

No comments: