Sunday, July 08, 2007

Eight hairy legs...

As we entered New Mexico Arnold nonchalantly looked over at me and asked if I saw that "spider" crossing the road. A little confused, I asked him, "What spider?" When he said, "That Tarantula!" I thought Kenny was going to explode! So we had to do a U-turn and back track a few hundred feet until we finally found him quietly crossing the road.
Lucky for me my camera had a zoom lense so I was able to stay as far away from the spider as possible. After a few pictures the spider decided he was ready to crawl back into hiding. In unison, Kenny and Jessica both asked, "Can we keep him? Pleeeeaaaaase?!" I looked at them both and said with a smile, "Sure...if you plan on walking home." Needless to say that was the end of that conversation.
State number four was New Mexico. We enjoyed the unique landscape and the adobe style homes. We certainly weren't in the "South" anymore.

No comments: