Saturday, July 21, 2007

Perfect timing...

One of the reasons we drove to Utah this trip was to take Lisa to E.F.Y. (Especially For Youth) at B.Y.U. (Brigham Young University) in Provo. After registering Lisa online for her session at EFY my brother Jonathan called to tell us that he would be graduating with his Master's of Business Administration the same week we were to arrive! What perfect timing! We were so excited we could be there for the event!
It wasn't until several weeks later we learned that he had also been asked to give the commencement address at the graduation services! Keep in mind this is the little brother that use to torment me as child growing up in Hawaii. Who hid my things and teased me in front of my boyfriends. Who dented the front end of our Mercury sedan only to fix it with duct tape and spray paint hoping no one would notice. The same brother who let my mother perm his hair when he was 6 years old and dress him up like a girl. The same little brother who grew up to be an amazing father, husband, and friend. Who could ask for a better brother than that? Congratulations Master Jonathan! We are so proud of you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO JONNY! That's awesome a Masters in Business . . .WOW! Please let him know I said congrats. Looks like both our little bro's are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Lisa
Thanks so much for sharing your lives.I love to see and hear all about it. One day I will have to figure out how to do that blog thing. Bruce and I were able to go back to Philly the 13th of July to see our first grandchild. She is a doll. So now I need to do the blog thing to share with the family and others. You are so talented and have a way with words. Can I send you my scrap books and let you write the captions? Hey take care.
We miss and love you
Bruce and Leesa from back home