Monday, August 17, 2009

Almost like Disneyland...but not quite so many mouse ears...

Here is a picture of the walkway near the shops at the Americana in Los Angeles. Dorothy kept saying how she loved to visit the Americana because it was just like Disneyland! YOu can kind of see the tracks on the ground where the trolley drives through. You can jump on the trolley anytime during the day and it will take you all the way around the plaza.

Watching the fountains in front of the restaurant. They weren't timed to any music but it was fun to watch nonetheless. We tried taking pictures with the fountains spouting in the background but we could never time it just right. That and the fact that I need a new updated camera didn't help much either! I can still hear Steven saying, "Wait for it...wait for it..." Brings a smile to my face everytime!

Everything about LA is big and bold! Even the restaurants! I was amazed that the maximum occupancy of the Cheesecake factory we ate at. There was a sign on the wall as we walked in that said Maximum Occupany 563 or something like that! I couldn't believe it! How big was that restaurant anyway? It didn't take long for us to get seated and we had a fun "window" view that Aunt Dorothy requested too! It really wasn't. We were right next to a booth with a window. So we giggled about that for a while.

Everyone is beautiful and glamorous in LA! These are the waiters that sang Happy Birthday to me! Arnold HATES when we have people come to the table and sing for birthdays. It doesn't matter if its his birthday or anyone elses. But I begged and pleaded and ignored his request to decline and had the waiters come over to sing. I loved every minute of it and they were awesome! Kudos for them for putting up with patrons like me on their birthday!

View of the Americana from the parking elevators. I was impressed by the parking garage. It was huge and just as glamorous as the plaza. Its a parking garage?????? Only in LA! They even had stalls for people who wanted to have their cars washed while they were visiting the plaza. They also had a doorman at the elevator pushing buttons for you and holding the door open. Its was kind of interesting. For a parking garage....

No comments: