Saturday, August 22, 2009

The sweetest of treats...

This week our activity for the YW was combined with the Activity Day girls in our Ward which meant Lisa and Jessica would share an activity together! We had a sister in our Ward who makes cakes come and teach all the girls how to decorate cakes for birthdays and other special occasions.

Each of the YW and activity day girls were asked to bake a cake and bring it with them to the activity. Jessica and Lisa chose chocolate devil's food cake baked in these fun heart shaped pans! This is how Jessica decorated her cake! I think we have a true chef in the making!!!!

As a leader I always anticipate someone forgetting something so we decided to bake a couple extra cakes. Come to find out... each of the girls remembered everything they were suppose to bring! So this was an extra cake decorated by a young girl in our ward who is the same age as Kenny. I told her to be creative and that the cake would be for Kenny. This is what she came up with! When I got home and told Kenny this young girl had decorated the cake for "him" he just got this really big smile on his face and blushed beet red (just like his dad does) !!!!!

One guess who decorated this cake!!!! Yep you're right! Our Lisa! BYU's biggest fan! I thought the best thing about this cake was the cute "pink" laces on the football at the top of the cake. I guess she's more girly than I thought!!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Those cakes look awesome! I loved the story about the one for Kenny. Aaron did too. It was so cute and I could just see it happening.

Janet said...

YOU CAN REALLY FLASH THAT BYU CAKE WITH PRIDE NOW!!!!!!!!!