Monday, August 17, 2009

Celebrating another birthday...

What a fun surprise to come home to after a long vacation away from the kids! My mom had Lisa, Kenny and Jessica put together a fun birthday party for me when we got home from the airport! This was the first extended vacation Arnold and I have ever taken without our children. It was exciting for them to be on their own, hard for me to realize they are growing up way to fast, and tempting not to call and check in on them every single hour!!!

Some of my fun birthday presents included a beautiful new dress from ROSS! I'm so excited! Its a size 10. My new favorite number! Lisa and Jessica gave me a pedicure and Kenny....well Kenny decided he would clean his room for my birthday present! Could it get any more perfect than that????

A beautiful cake to celebrate with... Appa's favorite - carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! It looked sooooo good! I opted not to have too big a piece though... that way 10 can continue to be my favorite number! Its all about give and take these days...

Appa and Jessica bringing over the presents! It has been so fun having my parents here for a visit. It has been several years since they traveled out this way to see us. For the most part we have been able to travel out west to see them or fly to Hawaii for a quick get together. Its so nice having them in our home again!

The kids singing Happy Birthday (a bit relunctantly) to me but still singing nonetheless! These birthdays never get old.... I may actually be getting a bit old... but nothing compares to birthday parties like these!!! To another great year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! You look awesome! I'd like to have 10 as my new favorite # too, but I was born bigger than that! :) Aloha, Peggy

Janet said...

That was a wonderful homecoming. I am so happy for you!1

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nutty Newburns said...

Happy birthday & anniversary!! You look great I am trying also can't wait to get back into a size 10 lil jealous~LOL Looks like yall had a blast in Cali too much fun that you were able to get away just the two of you! Maybe we will for our 62nd you are too much...love and miss ya!